Wednesday, October 7, 2015

July 5 2015: Celebrating 10,000km on my flatbar road bike with my Fengyuan friends

Garmin Activity: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/824179578
114km, 5h25, 1864hm

Today was a little group ride with my friends from Fengyuan. Not everybody joined today but we still had five people. My goal for today was to surpass the 10,000km mark on my flat bar, which I only started using on January 8th of this year. In other words, I did 10,000km in six months. Good job!


The 7-11 in Fengyuan's Taichung-88,  the starting point for Wanli Changcheng. This is where we would meet. I had a quick breakfast and waited for the guys. It was only six am.


That's it, fourteen more to go and I got my five-digit-record


In Wanli Changcheng I started attacking, gaining distance, hiding behind rocks and making pictures of the guys. That was actually what I did all day long.



Mr. Lin, aka A-Zhu, ready for some nice snapshots







I'll have one of me too




A-Zhu giving it all he's got in this 8% ascent section


At the end of Wanli Changcheng, Bartman posing for the camera



There they are! Took them long enough





Almost!!!!


BINGO! Excellent job, doing 10k in 6months


 That's ten baby, ten thousand


After Wanli Changcheng, we arrived in Xinshe, where I connected to Taichung-99 going to Taiping. Obviously with climbs down the road






Hiding behind a hill and taking secret pictures.








Nice picture




After a small break in Taiping; we cycled Taichung-100 up again, connecting to Xinshe again. Basically doing the descent we just did back uphill again.


A beautiful day for some morning gymna













After being cursed at for sending them through hell, we made it to Xinshe again, where we had another small break.



Oh yeah, on our way back home we saw this crazy black-eyed dog. Kinda scary!



No comments:

Post a Comment