Saturday, October 17, 2015

February 19 2015: Discovering Wuqi Fishing Harbor and the Gaomei wetlands between two CNY meals

Garmin Activity: none

Today was February 19, Chinese New Year. I had two dinner meetings: one at noon, one in the evening, both in Shalu. I did some little cycling in between these sessions. Nothing huge; just something to digest the luscious meals I've enjoyed during the day.


Early in the morning, in Shalu city center

Shalu and the borderline with Qingshui


The little path that runs parallel with the railway track. I used to cycle here a lot to avoid the big road that runs parallel to it.


Somewhere in the Longjing area.


A temple in Wuqi townshi. A lot of people go to baibai these days.


Taichung harbor at Wuqi, obviously with a lot of business linked to it.


A chilly day, not too warm and this side of the country has strong head winds.



This is the Taichung Harbor Cycling path, a tourist destination. Today, I seemed to be the only one cycling here.



Welcome to the Taichung Harbor



Beautiful small lanes in Longjing with these rice fields. Truly an eye-caressing view.


Thank you for this lovely meal Cai Zhihua! He is a friend that works in Shalu, I met him in the first week I came to Taichung. He's always been really kind to me, so I could not refuse their invitation to this CNY meal.


After the meal and some chats, I headed out again, this time for the Gaomei Wetlands, located somewhere along the coast of Wuqi. I remember taking Taichung-54 to get there.

A beautiful season in Longjing


Frequently spotted vegetation along the sea coast


Going for Gaomei Wetland. How nice that there is a designated cycle lane for this.


Strong winds at the Gaomei Wetlands,  but it was a beautiful day


Hwy 61 and 17, the coastal highways, were indicated here.


There were some road works, so I had to take a minor detour, which led through a little forest


The Gaomei Wetlands bicycle lane


The wind was extremely strong here! Obviously I had seen parallel views in the Netherlands and Belgium


Tourists walking over that pear. I was not gonna join them with my bicycle.


Which I could not loose out of sight :-)


Taiwan's Western coast, Wuqi



Next stop; Wuqi Fishing harbor, a tourist attraction. I was cycling north on this picture and there were serious head winds, reducing my speed to a mere 20kmph. A first for me in Taiwan


Generating green power, we have those in Belgium and the Netherlands too


A blueprint of the Wuqi Fishing Port



There was an entrance fee to the harbor and I could not take my bike, so that was a clear no for me. I decided to head back to Shalu, where I had my next dinner with Siao Yu and her family, wich also was a nice meal.

The small path that leads back to Taiwan Boulevard, which means I'm home again.

A small trip, nothing huge in mileage or elevation gain, but I did see something new today. Happy CNY to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment