Monday, February 1, 2016

May 4, 2015: Shitty weather en route to Fengyuan

Garmin Activity: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/765045820
54km, 2h12, elevation 512m

Some days you will meet shitty weather. Today was one of those days. It was raining none stop. Nevertheless I still went to Fengyuan before going to school.


This funny looking thing was a present from the Shalu shop owner for my birthday. It was a nice thought.


I cycled down to the Hongzhuxiang where I used to live when I just arrived in Taiwan. I took the super steep ascent up to Metrpolitan Garden from there.


Looking around here and there. As you can see, the weather is shit


From where I just came up. This is a lovely steep climb. Back in August 2014, when I rode it for the first time, I was dead. I could not even stay on the bike here.


Hiding away from society in these small lanes is a blessing, truly a delight




Things were not looking a lot better at Metropolitan garden. This red sand was turning into mud



Clouded skies, there was more rain coming 


Admittedly, different from how I usually see it, but it has its charm


After Metropolitan Garden, I took the Tan-ya-shen cycle trail to Fengyuan. It was raining a lot.


But that should not ruin our mood


Leafs and knots were even falling down from the trees.




A peculiar sight


I passed by the airport on my way to Shengang



The feeling of braking downhill with disc brakes was spectacular. I loved it.


fields in Shengang, with here and there a small company


Honestly speaking, this jacket was not so water proof as I had hoped for.


In Fengyuan I switched clothes. In the late afternoon it stopped raining and I could cycle dry to the school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment