Thursday, February 4, 2016

January 22, 2015: Longjing only offers MTB and hiking fun


Today I went for a small ride to Longjing, which is located just next to Shalu. Back in 2014, I came through Longjing on my way to Changhua for more legendary rides. I saw that there was some sort of cycling trail., I wanted to check that out today. So I had breakfast and I went to Longjing, I just had to follow highway 1 south from Shalu and there I was.


Longjing city center apparently welcomes cyclsts


I took some pictures of my surroundings. Even though nothing special, I tried to make an adventure of it.


A few of my Shalu friends also live in Longjing. The area is divided in several "li". This one for instance of Longgang Li.


I found the signs of the cycling path, this is where it began. From here I had to leave Hwy 1 and enter a smaller road.


Bartman exploring early in the morning on his bike. Living life to the fullest


I entered that little street and followed the signs. It was a steep uphill and I saw several hiking routes as well. There was also some historical information available. A mini tourist spot.


Information on the hiking trails around here


There was basically only one direction to follow here. I followed it and climbed a little more. But not long after that, the road ran into a dead end. The sign here says: water is deep, entrance forbidden.



There was no other way to go. All there was left were a few hiking trails. I guess this was not a cycling path after all., Too bad... I could only go back home.



Or maybe the cycling road they suggested was this one, designed for MTB. One of the rare occasions I see a mountain bike trail in Taiwan. Although I remember that Dadu and Longjing have a few.


Unfortunately no huge exploration today., At least now I know there is nothing to see here. I am not getting an MTB for just those few trails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment