Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 14, 2015: Way off course on a Taiping Valentine ride


Trip data. 104 km, 4h38'

More exploring in the Taiping area, that was the mission for today. I had already found Taichung-99 and Taichung-100. I even found a third lane called Ziqiang road. On the map of Taiping, I saw that there was one little road that runs from Route 129 to Taichung-99. This road was called Buzaikeng road. I wanted to make the connection to Xinshe like this. So off I went in the early morning, going to Taiping's Route 129.



I only had my map to rely on for this ride. Luckily I found some road signs indicating the road. I had to take a right at this bridge.


I saw Neiping on my map, so this must be Buzaikeng road.



I saw some other cyclists coming from here. I took the little lane to the right.



It went uphill and I saw some signs indicating the Buzaikeng road. I stopped for pictures and also made a few movie clips here.



Nice view over Taiping. It keeps amazing me how many tiny roads there are here. The exploring never stops.



The road kept going uphill. There were some nice views here.


Bartman living live @ Buzaikeng road


Then all of the sudden I arrived at a tourist area. I saw some people walking here. From there, I was not sure where to go, I followed the road that went uphill.



I went straight ahead here



Again, a stunning view over Taichung.



I noticed the road was getting tinier and smaller.



At a certain point I began to doubt whether I was still in the right area? Was this Buzaikeng road?



I started to get a creepy feeling here. Where the hell was I?



At this point there was a cross section with many ways to go. I was clueless. Luckily for me I saw a guy on a cross moto. I called him and asked him what the way to Taichung-99 was. He told me to follow him. I was sent through an incredible maze of tiny roads with cracks in the concrete. This was a cycling paradise for those who seek calm and refuge.


Eventually I descended here. I thanked that man for his instructions. Then I followed the direction he indicated. That finally brought me back to Taichung-99


However, it was not where I thought it was. This was way in the beginning of it, fairly close to Route 136. If was safe to say that I had gotten lost and that my conquest of Buzaikeng road was a failure. I followed Taichung-99 all the way to Xinshe and went to Fengyuan. One day I will come back for this Buzaikeng road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment