Wednesday, February 24, 2016

June 22, 2015: Visiting Specialized Hong Kong during my quick visa run

On June 22, I went to Hong Kong. There was no other reason for it than a visa run. 90 days were over, I needed a new stamp, so there I went. I booked a cheap return flight for the same day. Did not waste too much time. 


Unlike previous times, this time I had a big gap between my two flights, so I decided to actually go into Hong Kong. I took the bus into the city center. These views of Hong Kong island are pretty nice


Coming here reminded me of that time in November 2012, when I first came here, also for a visa run.


I had done some preparations at home for this one. I wanted to find the Specialized shop. I took the subway further into the city.


I received this information at the airport, useful here. I could just pinpoint the stations and there I went. Impossible to get lost.


Once outside of the subway, I started to walk towards to Specialized store, but I somehow could not find the correct street name.


I asked a few people, but it still took me some time.


I once again noticed how crowded this city is. Also, be very careful with buses and trucks. They will not yield the way to pedestrians.


This street name reminds me of Lin Maodi, the owner of the Fengyuan bike shop.


Shopping bigtime in Hong Kong, I would never come here if I did not have to.


British style riding at the left. These red taxis are also typical HK stuff


Big city life! For someone who spends his free moments in tranquility, this required some adjusting.



Canton road, this was where I needed to be, but the indications of the numbers was terrible. I walked around in circles for almost two hours. Then I entered a police station to ask directions. They explained me that these numbers were not so logical. They sent me in the right direction.


The hills of Hong Kong. I would like to cycle in there some time. I see some posts of it on the Specialized Forum on Facebook sometimes.


At this hospital it suddenly start to rain intensely. I had to hide for some time.



For those who speak Italian, CHE FAI jades is pretty funny: What Are You Doing, Jades? Company haha


And if you speak Dutch you will love this one: Pak Hooi straat: a pack of hey haah


Double licence plate for China and Hong Kong



After several hours I finally saw some bikes



It had been quite a journey getting here, but I made it. Good thing I speak Chinese so I could ask for directions, otherwise I would never have found this place.


Well then, let's get inside and see what Specialized HK has to offer!


One thing I noticed right away: this red carbon Sirrus (in size L)


A reduced Stumpjumper


Tires, but they did not have the tires I like (the 28mm Armadillo)


Large choice of helmets


I have this one, although it is not as shiny yellow as it used to be


I bought a pairof MTB shoes in size 45 here


Strange looking commuter bike


Race bikes


A single track bike


I left the store with a pair of shoes and one 28mm tire, which I took all the way back to Taiwan


A lot of frames. I noticed that the prices were a lot more expensive than in Taiwan.


Alloy Specialized Allez bike


After that shopping, I went for a lunch, I was hungry


Then I bought A-Zhu some tobacco


Man Fuck Jewellery. That is exactly how I feel about jewels. Fuck them!


It was getting late and I had to head back to the airport already, so I went to the subway



Then I went to the airport


One strange thing happened though upon check in, I was asked to go inside for further questioning. They did not really question me, they just checked my passport and that was it. At the time I was feeling quite insure; But in the end I could board the aircraft and fly back to Taiwan. What a relief! I was back in the game for another 90 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment