Tuesday, February 23, 2016

June 25, 2015: The beginning of the end for me in Taiwan

Garmin Activity: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/821881511
58km, 2h30, elevation 523m

This day may have just well be a day I can never ever forget. It started out very normally, having breakfast in Shalu and going to Fengyuan. I took the detour over the airport the small lanes of Qingshui, just a lovely morning ride like always. In Fengyuan, I spent another lovely afternoon with my friends and I left around 4:40 pm for my class in Taichung. Nothing was going on at that moment.

However, while I was teaching my French class, some people of the labor inspection came in and they wanted to see my working permit, which obviously I did not have. I had to take a testimony and they wrote everything down. They had some bad news for me: a big fine and I would be forced to leave the country. They were kind enough to say that it was because someone called them. It did not change things for me. I knew my life in Taiwan would soon be over, the only thing I could do was the make the most of my remaining days.


Obviously I left the school feeling very bad over what had happened. I felt wronged because I did do all of the applications and did what I was supposed to do. It is just this dumb country that thinks people like me are threat to national security.


I briefly visited the Xitun Specialized shop and then I went to Metropolitan Garden. I took some pictures here of me cycling in darkness.


What can I say? It was a major setback for me. I could not smile that evening.


Maybe these night sceneries were just what I needed


The night skyline over Taichung


What a bizarre night. How could someone be so mean. I never insulted anybody. I think this was a valuable lesson that Taiwanese people cannot be trusted.


Nice view though


I spent some time trying to get my bike to stand like this, but I succeeded. Nice snapshot!


This is my one km steep descend to Taiwan Boulevard. It is fun with disc brakes.


I am sure I am visible for incoming traffic like this. Also, this red sand is nice at night. It gives me a warm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment