Monday, February 8, 2016

February 6, 2015: Banking on 3 hours free time with a short ride to Taiping


What's there to say about this ride? I have had practically zero time for cycling the last three weeks due to the winter courses. However, today I had a student cancelling his private class all of the sudden. I found myself with almost three hours of free time. Admittedly, I could not go far, but at least I could do something. I went to Taiping. 


I looked for that small lane where the Triple Mount Race was a few weeks earlier. The bridge runs over the Toubiankeng river. 



Still a bit chilly for a ride in Taiwan


Let's see what lays hidden behind this bridge



Not many options here. The race took me right, to where that big temple is. 


Today I went straight ahead



I went uphill along this tiny alley. I had no idea where it would lead



A typical central Taiwanese alley



I saw a few homes but nothing special



Betel nut tree, can't miss those over here





All of the sudden the alley stopped, I think this is somebody's private property. Best not to enter.




I did not have much time, so I decided to just head back to the school.


The alley of Taiping that runs nowhere. Probably will never set foot here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment