Friday, February 12, 2016

January 9, 2015: The very first 2015 ride in Taiwan, bye-bye to my alloy E5 Sirrus!

2015 has come upon us! I flew back to Taiwan on the 7th of January. I flew from Brussels to Hong Kong and then from Hong Kong to Taichung Qingquangang. This was a lot better as it was close to my room in Shalu. 


I brought my newly purchased carbon Sirrus with me


I had something important planned right the day after I arrived in Taiwan. A guy from Nantou wanted to buy my alloy Sirrus. I agreed to cycle the bike to Nantou and then take a bus back to Taichung. I left early in the morning from Shalu, taking the provincial highway one south, through Longjing and Dadu to Changhua. From there I cycled along 139 to Nantou's Fengshan temple


This picture was taken at the very beginning of 139.


139 is a nice climb. It runs all the way to Nantou


Exploring at the Bagua mountain scenic area


Cycling paths at the Bagua mountain area


I met the buyer of the bike at the Fengshan temple. From there we cycled to Nantou city together. After handing over the bike and receiving my 20K, I took a shared taxi back to Taichung and from there the BRT to Shalu. My alloy buddy was officially gone, but instead I got a new carbon bike. 

In the afternoon I cycled to Fengyuan to visit my friends, I gave them some Belgian chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment