Thursday, December 17, 2015

April 5, 2015: Profound lessons about love during a Fengyuan gang group ride to Guguan.

Garmin Activity: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/737599105
144km, 5h21, elevation 1112m

April 4 and 5 where two holidays in Taiwan. In other words, I had all the weekend for nice cycling. Actually I wanted to make a spin around the island on these few days but something made me decide otherwise: I had a Taiwanese girlfriend the last two weeks. The Fengyuan gang wanted to do a Guguan ride and she had to join. So that is basically what we did.

I departed at 05:41 from Shalu in the early morning and went to Fengyuan. First stop was at Tina's place. We cycled together to the 7-11 in Fengyuan where we always meet for group rides. We had some breakfast there and waited for the others to join. When they did, there was a lot of chat and laughter. Then we set out...


The first part was slow, very slow. Tina had another friend joining on this ride (the guy in the front of this picture). They were going extremely slow, so I joined my friends up front. Tradition has it that there will be a small break at the Heping bridge of Hwy 8. It was no different today.


I took a few pictures and had some chats with everybody.


A picture of Tina and me together, the ONLY picture of us together haha. Unless you count the one she deleted from facebook. Whatever.

The section after the bridge was a personal race to me. I decided to jam it so bad that the others could not even see me up front. I waited for their arrival at Guguan. Normally Tina and I would be going for Hot Spring in Guguan, after all, that was the reason I agreed on just a Guguan ride and nothing special. However, I noticed that she was somewhat distant today and she said she did not want to go to the hot spring. \I did not think much of it at the time but it was a clear signal. We actually broke up that same day, after the ride.


I took some pictures in Guguan, while I was waiting for the others...


This Guguan bridge is really nice though, especially on a beautiful weather day like today.


I just pounded it nicely to Guguan. Now I am waiting for the others to arrive.


Guguan, the central cross island highway. Well it used to be that. We had a break at this 711 and chatted a lot. Like we always do...


Guguan, elevation 700m. Actually that is already pretty high.


On the ride back we had some pictures under the bridge.  We always do on group rides.


No two without three


Three outta four ain't bad


For the ride back I also jammed it nicely. I raced until the Heping bridge, where I waited for the others to join.


Waiting for the others to join


Actually very funny, while I was waiting for everybody, Shu-wei and A-Zhu passed by here. After several minutes I left as well. I was racing 100& trying to catch them before Dongshi, which I did!


I made some snapshots at the Dongshi bridge. When I saw nobody was coming, I cycled back to check it out.


The section along Hwy 3, that runs from here until Fengyuan was slow. Tina had already said she would be going back but I met them on the road back. That guy was trying to get close to her. Later in Fengyuan, I had a long chat with mr. Cai about her poor behaviour and we did break up that day. It was a good thing to do.


Good thing it didn't affect me too much. But it did teach me a thing or two about Taiwanese women.

No comments:

Post a Comment