Thursday, November 26, 2015

July 26, 2015: A quick Baimaoshan ride with A-yong and Chen Jun-wei the day after my KOM race

Garmin Activity: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/845847198
108km, 4h18, elevation 1054m

Yesterday was  the legendary KOM race, in which I came in fourth. I had only just made it back to Shalu when some of the Fengyuan friends were saying they wanted to go cycling the next day. They asked me if I wanted to join them. I went for it, as I could take a small ride for relaxing.

The meeting place was the usual 7-11 in Fengyuan. When I got there I heard that Shu-wei had gotten ill and would not be coming. Others had also cancelled and in the end there were only three riders: A=Yong, Chen Jun-wei and myself. We had a little chat at the 7-11, mostly about my Wuling ride. They were impressed. Then we departed to Dongshi together We would be riding Baimaoshan.


As we always do on team rides, we stopped at the Heping bridge for some pictures. This we would be crossing that bridge and start climbing along Hwy 21.


Chen Jun-wei is up for a nice climb


My KOM baby! 


Chen Jun-wei's recently bought Venge. A nice bike! He even uses it for cycling to work! Super cool


Three riders with a common goal: climbing to the summit of Baimaoshan


Baimaoshan is divided in two sections. The first one is the tougher part of the climb, going from 0 to 3km. Then there is a platform of 1km and then the last 3 km uphill which are somewhat less steep than the first section.


During this first section, I had gained some distance over the other two and I made good use of that by hiding on the slope of Touguishan. From there I had a good view over the road and I could make some nice pictures of the guys.


A-Yong is also strong in climbing. I saw him approaching...


He had no idea I was taking his picture haha


Chen Jun-wei approaching



There he is! At this moment I let him know I was up here haha.


Then I had to chose them back during the second part of the climb, which I eventually did


Chen Jun-wei rounding up his climb uphill


There was a lot of people on the summit and I mean a LOT. Chen Jun-wei knew some of the guys and had our picture taken together.


We sat there for a while and chatted. Later we went back. In Fengtyuan we each went our own way. I went to Fengyuan to visit my friends for tea time. When I came home I still did a fair 100km.

No comments:

Post a Comment