Tuesday, November 17, 2015

July 18, 2015: My last Guguan ride with the Fengyuan cycling club

Garmin Activity: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/847172031
138km, 4h57, elevation 1159m

Today was another ride to Guguan with the Fengyuan gang. We have done it several times before, nothing new about it, just hanging out with some friends. I took my camera and I made snapshots of everybody while riding.

I left from Shalu as usual and I went to Fengyuan. I had a quick breakfast and then we met at the 7-11 next to expressway 4. While we were waiting for everybody, we were talking about my recent trip around Taiwan and my KOM race next week. Then we departed...



Steven and Mr. Cai early in the morning


This snapshot is taken on Hwy 3 in Fengyuan




Waiting at the 7-11 for everybody to appear


Everybody had a story to tell today



Liao Shi-jei on his aero Venge



Su Huang-yu went home earlier because she was feeling ill



Team riding in Shigang 


Zhang Shu-wei and Chen Wei-jun


As soon as they saw the lens of my camera, they started making funny faces


Yuan-ge and A-mao


A-mao is enjoying his ride at hsi own pace


Yuan Xin-yi on her BMC


A-Zhu in the back


The split section between Shigang center and Hwy 3 to Dongshi


A-Zhu, our Hakka pride


Nice white shoes


This was nothing more than a relaxing weekend ride



Nice bike that Venge


One of myself


A-Zhu and Zi-hao


A tranquil morning with not too much traffic




Steven in the limelight


Approaching Dongshi



Some people needed some drinks so we had a quick stop at the 7-11 of Hwy 8. I was riding my baby that would have to tackle KOM exactly one week later.


Yuan Xin-yi joining me for a snapshot

Basically this highway 8 continues all the way to Guguan. There is a bridge at the 13km mark where we always have a break on group rides, so the others can catch up. This time I took the 10km bridge to Xinshe, did Taichung-95 and then came via that bridge from the other direction. The result. I arrived the last of everybody.


Long-an bridge



Entering Xinshe


Taichung-94-1




There they were waiting for me


A picture of everyone together



Always need more pictures with Asians...


One of me in the picture...


After that bridge, it was abuot 20km tu Guguan. Not that far, but some minor climbing involved.


I hid at some sections so I could take pictures of the guys, this one is A-Zhu


Liao Shi-jie


Shu-wei and Yuan Xin-yi


Chen Jun-wei


Mr. Cai and Steven


Mr. Cai attacking







Crazy A-Zhu


During that last section, Liao Shi-jie, A-Zhu and myself were riding up front. Out of the blue I cross a small suspension bridge to the other side. Obviously I was not followed by them. I went through the section I learnt about during my last Guguan ride. Inside that maze I kinda got lost. I got out on time but I was far behind Liao Shi-jie and A-Zhu now. I was racing for quite a few miles and I actually meant to give up the chase. Then just two km before the end I saw them in a tunnel. I gave it all what I had and raced by them at high speed. They were shocked by that appearance haha.


Waiting in Guguan for the others to arrive


I shouted at everybody to make a victory pose




Everybody was a winner today


Shu-wei nearly died



A-Mao also made it...


A-Zhu also finished within the 14-hour limit



As usual, we had a break and a chat in Guguan before heading back



A few more group pictures



On the way back everybody was racing. Mr. Cai beating the shit out of his opponents on this climb.



Taichung's Heping area. 


Waiting for others to join





One negative side: in Dongshi there was a stupid woman who suddenly ran in front of A-Zhu's bicycle. Of course she got bike-pounded and A-Zhu hit the tarmac. Luckily both the rider and his bike were fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment