Wednesday, January 18, 2017

October 28, 2012: Mounting Yang Mingshan together with Al and Jon


I woke up at 7 because of a phone call from Al. He wanted to go cycling and we decided to meet at Hongshulin Metro at 8. Since he was standing at the other side of the metro station, it took some time before we found each other but eventually we did. 


Cycling from Tamsui to Hongshulin along the cycling paths


For road bikes this is not really good infrastructure


Since I was early and waiting for Al, I took some pictures here


Selfie



New Taipei City cycling infrastructures



It was a grey day but do not be fooled, it was a very pleasant 25 degrees warm.


Many apartment houses in the Hongshulin area




From there we cycled to the Yang Mingshan natural park. We went via Tamsui and Sanzhi.


We stopped here because it was the last 7-11 before the big climb. At this point Jon also joined us. 


The climb was hard for me but I could keep up with the guys. That was the most important.


It was a 10 km long climb and I was able to maintain a speed of 15km. 



Good morning Jon, lovely to have you on this Sunday morning


The ten km climb here. In this part Jon and Al were behind me, but I knew I would see them up the top. During the climb I took my time to enjoy the views, even though I did not take pictures.


Al drinking his water


Jon riding his Aster bike


Crazy Dutchman on his first road bike ever


This feeling was just great. I was already fit enough to cycle up that hill. It meant my recent sports had been paying off. 


On the top it was raining really bad. We hid there for some time but eventually we had to come down. We cycled back to Hong Shulin and grabbed some food at the Family Mart there.


It was a very nice ride and I was very happy to have made friends here, so far from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment