Tuesday, January 17, 2017

July 2011: A ride to Bali for some history in the Shisanhang museum




I like history and culture a lot, that's why one of the days in July, I cycled to the Shisanhang museum in Bali.


I cycled as usual from Zhishan along the cycling paths to the Tea House



The Der An tea house, how many hours I spent there. I started drinking this tea because of Ke Menghan. Without him, I would not have noticed that small shop.


Guandu tempel: Later I learnt that this area was rebuilt for cyclists


From the tea house, I cycled to the Guandu bridge; which would lead me to Bali


I played basketball a few times with Ke Menghan there. 



For my doing, that climb to the Guandu bridge was steep, but I could manage. Nice view.


Guandu bridge; connecting Bali district with Guandu: A new bridge will be built between Tamsui and Bali, it will be ready in 2019; but it will take a lot of traffic away from this one.


Later I also learnt that this is the way to the western part of north Taiwan; Xinchu; Taoyuan etc. For now it was just to Bali.


No picture without a scooter


At the other bank of the river there was cycling infrastructure and signs.


Bali indicated on the signs.


It was still some 4-5 km before I made it>


Viewing back at the Guandu bridge.


Boat art



No place to ride extremely fast, just steadily and enjoying




There were many places for bike rentals here



Tamsui river


I just kept  following the bike path; on the map it meant going north again.



Not many folks today



On weekends this place gets very crowded that no cyclist would want to come here



The paths got narrow


I felt far away from home already



There it was, the mission of the day: Shisanhang archaeological museum



Some stands selling foods here



I parked my bike and I went inside



This museum is all about archaeology and it started with a world overview of old cultures



Then an introduction of the aboriginal tribes within Taiwan.


and their objects


The great area of navigation, this was when the Dutch ruled Taiwan.





Just looking around and absorbing as much as possible



Where possible I tried to read the Chinese section instead of English


This would be a depiction of the Tamsui river in old times


After the museum visit; I went back to the tea shop and cycling cafe and had a normal evening. Good to be outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment