Tuesday, January 10, 2017

July 2011: A wonderful ride from Zhishan to Tamsui and back


The routine of my days in the summer of 2011 was getting up at 6.45, taking the metro from Zhishan to Da'an, having class from 8-11, heading back home, lunch and then a quick nap. After the nap I would get the bike and cycle a little. 


Today I did the same. I cycled from Zhishan along the bike paths to Tamsui.


The weather was fantastic 


Cycling along the Tamsui river.


This is her, the fantastic bike I bought for 3400 NT in Carrefour. 


Listening to some music and enjoy the weather


Man this was relaxing. I felt so free here.


Being in Taiwan and cycling around was so cool. I absolutely loved it. It was so much nicer than China.


These roads later became my territory. I would pass here on a daily basis.




It was one of the most beautiful summer days I ever had.





Taking a lot of pictures here



Some tourists on rental bikes. 


Guandu temple in the district called Guandu





This is a very beautiful area




Guandu Nature park.



I took all these pictures with a big Nikon camera with lens. That's why the quality is so good.




Guandu road





Look at this wonderful bike!


They were closed on Mondays and guess what today was?



Guandu temple







Going further north from Guandu to Zhuwei, Fuxinggang, Hongshulin and Tamsui




I have spent so many hours here in 2011







These bike paths are nice





The fantastic weather of Taiwan


Tamsui indicated on the signs, yay


I climbed up this deck for a better view


Hongshulin area in the northern part of Taipei


Beautiful 


A view with memories for me, many memories!


Looking down on the coolest bike ever


A few selfies





Tamsui old street



On this photo you can see how the Tamsui river connects to the Taiwan Strait



Tamsui MRT






I did what Ke Menghan taught me: take the ferry to the other coast, Bali.


On the boat...


I was 24 at the time, so young if I look back at it!




Somebody kind enough to take my picture. I was sweated from the warm weather.


A passage with bike is like 40 NT, 1 euro







Crossing this river takes about eight minutes





Bali, the other site from Tamsui



Exploring the Bali area



Not a cloud in the sky



Wandering about without a purpose




Here, I learned that there is also a Taipei harbor





Wild dog



Lost in thoughts






I was a bit shocked that there were so few other people enjoying this great weather



Killer bike



Getting Zen


A day that fills me with joy


The freeway above



Slowly the sun was setting...



And it became time to go back home







A few shots from the Old Street in Tamsui, where many couples come.





And the return back to Zhishan


This trip made me so relaxed








Still some minor exploring here




Back in Guandu


Welcome to Taipei


The boat where you can enjoy a 1000 NT all you can eat meal 

No comments:

Post a Comment